Tri-City Medical Center is committed to advancing the health and wellness of those we serve. That is why Tri-City Medical Center is once again the title sponsor of the 2014 Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Marathon & Half Marathon, on Sunday, January 19.
As part of our commitment to a healthy community and in celebration of this nationally recognized running event, we are making it possible for thirteen (13) lucky North County residents who have never trained for or completed a half marathon to achieve their fitness dreams by offering a comprehensive training and fitness contest that includes:
- Six-month membership for the official training program of the Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Half Marathon
- Entry into the Tri-City Carlsbad Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
- "Team Tri-City" training shirt
Have you overcome significant health challenges and always wanted to participate in a half marathon, but never had the chance to do so? Would you like the opportunity to receive professional training to participate in the 2014 Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Half Marathon? If so, enter for your chance to be one of the Lucky 13 chosen to participate in this remarkable program.
Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Half Marathon Lucky 13 Contest Official Rules:
1. Eligibility: Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Half Marathon Lucky 13 Contest is open to legal residents of North San Diego County (defined as any area north of Solana Beach and west of Escondido) over the age of 18. Entry in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules.
2. Contest Period: The entry period begins March 15, 2013 and ends midnight on July 5, 2013.
3. Contest Entry Instructions: During the Contest period, you may apply online at www.tri-citywellness.com/marathon. Forms may also be picked up and dropped off at the Tri-City Wellness Center located at: 6250 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, CA. Limit one (1) entry per person.
4. Tri-City Wellness Center: Approaches fitness and health from a medically integrated perspective. The Center offers personalized health assessments and personal training in addition to the medical component of cardiac rehabilitation and physical and occupational therapy. The 58,000 square-foot complex offers a wide variety of exercise options, including an aquatic center with a 25-meter lap pool and warm water therapy pool, personal training, Pilates and group exercise studios, and weight-training facilities. It also features a Zen garden and a healthy café.
5. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grant to Tri-City Medical Center and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, all rights, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purpose, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner . Where necessary, the winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within five(5) business days of attempted notifications or the winner may be disqualified and an alternative winner selected.
6. Training: As a condition of entry into the Contest, each winner has agreed to participate in fitness training provided by Tri-City Wellness Center and In Motion Fit beginning July 20, 2013 through January 11, 2014 and must sign all necessary documents and waivers which will be provided before training will commence. All Contest winners must receive a health assessment, provided by Tri-City Wellness Center, prior to beginning any training. All Contest winners MUST participate in the Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Half Marathon on January 19, 2014 unless medically unfit.
7. Selection of on Contest Winners: The potential winners (13) will be selected based on compelling stories submitted by midnight July 5, 2013. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest period. The potential winners will be notified via email address or phone number submitted.
8. Prizes: A total of 13 prizes will be awarded. Each Contest winner will receive entrance into the 2014 Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Half Marathon, six-month full access membership to the Tri-City Wellness Center, free required health assessment, group training provided by In Motion Fit and a “Tri-City Team” Running Shirt.
9. General Rules: By entering or participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Tri-City Medical Center, which are final and binding in all aspects.
10. Sponsors: This Contest is sponsored by Tri-City Medical Center, 4002 Vista Way, Oceanside 92056 and In Motion, Inc., 6116 Innovation Way, Carlsbad, CA 92009.