- Confirm Your Entry
- Race Results
Kids Marathon Mile
Please note: To ensure the best participant experience, the event size is limited. Registration may close at any time and may not be available on event day.
One LEGOLAND Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Click here for driving directions
Saturday, January 18, 2014
6:30 a.m. LEGOLAND parking lot opens
7 a.m. Event day registration
8 a.m. Mile races start
9 a.m. Diaper dash
Immediately following the kids races, the event stage will feature entertainment and fun activities
Event Highlights: Though created for kids ages 12 and under, everyone is welcome to participate. Moms, dads, and big kids are invited to join the fun in this non-competative 1-mile run/walk through LEGOLAND® California.
Registered participants (except those registered as a companion) will receive an event T-shirt and be treated to refreshments, fun activities, entertainment and more!
Participants ages 12 and under ALSO receive:
- A FREE 1-Day SEA LIFE™ Hopper ticket to LEGOLAND® California and SEA LIFE™ Aquarium (An $81 value valid 1/18/14 or 1/19/14 only, for children age 3 to 12.)
- A shiny finisher's medal
50% off up to two adult 1-Day SEA LIFE™ Hopper tickets to LEGOLAND® California and SEA LIFE™ Aquarium (A $45.50 savings per ticket valid 1/18/14 or 1/19/14 only for ages 13 and above.)
- Fun entertainment, kids activities and more!
For the safety of all participants anyone who participates in the Kids Marathon Mile must register. Adults have the option of registering at full price and receiving an event T-shirt, post event refreshments and qualifying for the "Run for your School" fundraising program or pay a $5* companion fee and simply accompany your child in the race. The companion fee includes a race number for accessing the race course with your child. *Please note: only one adult per registered child may register as a companion - additional adults must register at the regular registration rate.
The Kids Marathon Mile will start just outside of the LEGOLAND main entrance along the Tyke Hike. The course will continue into LEGOLAND making a loop of the park, exiting and finishing outside the park along the Tyke Hike. All of the pre and post race activities will take place in the lower parking lot of LEGOLAND.
Start Line Staging:
To ensure the safety of all participants and allow for maximum enjoyment, the one-mile races will start using a quick “wave start” according to your child’s age. Corrals for the age groups will be set up near the registration area. Children who want to run together but are different ages, should start with the youngest child’s group. Corrals will be set up for the following age groups: 12 + (youths only), 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 and 4 & under including families and anyone pushing a stroller or wheelchair.
Please note: No late starters will be allowed so be sure you’re at the event and in your corral by 7:45 a.m.
“Run for your School” fundraising feature!
Register ten or more students, parents and/or faculty from your school and $2 from each paid entry fee will go back to your school. Your school can then use the money for things like art supplies, books, sports equipment, a field trip, or even a party! To get credit, be sure you write in the name of your school when you register with this form or online.
Pre-Race Registration Event
Saturday, January 11, 2014
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Road Runner Sports, Carlsbad
5617 Paseo Del Norte, #100
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Other Important Event Details:
- The Kids Marathon Mile is just for fun. It is not officially timed, awards are not presented and results will not be posted.
- Only paid participants will be allowed on the race course. Olympic miler Steve Scott and many event volunteers will be on hand to participate with the kids and help keep them on course.
- There will be several thousand children and their parents at this event. Upon arrival on event day, develop a plan with your family in case you become separated.
- Upon completion of their event, children will enjoy tasty treats, and plenty of fun family entertainment and activities.
- Finisher’s medals are only for paid participants ages 12 and under.
- Complimentary refreshments will be available for registered participants only.
- This event will take place rain or shine. Sorry, no refunds.
- Please leave all pets at home. Dogs (except service dogs) are not allowed at LEGOLAND®.
- No roller skates, inline skates, scooters, skateboards, bikes or other such devices are allowed.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, the Minifgure and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2013 The LEGO Group.
LEGOLAND CALIFORNIA RESORT AND SEA LIFE ARE A PART OF THE MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS GROUP.