Half Marathon Triple Crown Series
Three of the country's best half marathons.
Three exceptional coastal courses.
Three "must-do" races.
One unique challenge.
Make 2017 your Triple Crown year!
Carlsbad Half Marathon is proud to be a part of a trio of scenic Southern California half marathons who have joined to form the Half Marathon Triple CrownSM. Besides Carlsbad, this 13.1-mile threesome also includes the La Jolla Half Marathon and the America's Finest City Half Marathon.
To be a part of the series, simply register and finish each of these events in the same calendar year, starting with the Carlsbad Half Marathon or Full Marathon in January. Finishers of the Half Marathon Triple CrownSM will receive an impressive commemorative medal, as well as gain some serious bragging rights and a huge sense of accomplishment!
The Half Marathon Triple CrownSM is a fun opportunity to recognize the dedicated half marathoners who enter these three top quality events. With the three races spaced evenly apart; winter, spring and summer, it allows participants the time to train and recover adequately from all three events.
All of the half marathons are known for their spectacular scenery. The Carlsbad Half Marathon in January boasts an oceanfront course in Carlsbad, 30 miles north of San Diego. The La Jolla Half Marathon held in April features a point-to-point course stretching from the quaint seaside village of Del Mar to La Jolla. The America's Finest City Half Marathon (AFC) held each August, runs from the historic Cabrillo National Monument in Point Loma, then along the San Diego Harbor before winding through downtown San Diego and finishing in beautiful Balboa Park.
Follow the Triple Crown Facebook page and @HM_TripleCrown on Instagram for news and updates! Don't forget to share your Triple Crown experiences with the official Triple Crown hashtag #HalfMarathonTripleCrown
Triple Crown Rules:
- You must register using the exact same name and birthday for all three events.
- You must wear a timing device and receive an official time for each event. If you do not have an official finishing time, you will automatically be disqualified.
- Entry into each event is not guaranteed - register early to ensure your spot.
- Each event has its own time limits - to be eligible for the Triple Crown you must adhere to each time limit.
After the results from both the Carlsbad Marathon or Half Marathon in January and the La Jolla Half Marathon in April are compiled, a list of those eligible for the Half Marathon Triple CrownSM is generated. This list includes those who finished both events with official times within the course time limits. These eligible participants must register for and complete the AFC Half Marathon within the course time limit to receive their official Half Marathon Triple CrownSM finisher's medal. Medals will be awarded at the AFC Half Marathon finish line festival area.
- Race #1- Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Marathon or Half Marathon, 1/17,16 - 2016 complete!
(Plan to crown in 2017, register for Carlsbad 2017 here!)
- Race #2 - La Jolla Half Marathon, 4/24/16 - 2016 complete!
- Race #3 - America's Finest City Half Marathon, 8/21/16 - register for 2016!
Going for the 2016 Triple Crown?
If you completed the 2016 Carlsbad full or half marathon as well as the the 2016 La Jolla Half Marathon, then you are eligible for the 2016 Triple Crown! Here's what you need to do next:
- Confirm you are on the 2016 Eligibility List
- Register for the AFC Half Marathon ASAP to save money and your spot.
At the third and final race in August, you will receive a special Triple Crown bib which will be your ticket to receiving your commemorative Finisher medal after your race.
Happy training - see you soon!